Churches and church-related organisations that meet ALL of the following four (1-4) criteria are eligible to apply for voting membership in the ACT Alliance
- Churches and church-related organisations seeking membership in the ACT Alliance shall be either:
- a member church of the World Council of Churches (WCC) or The Lutheran World Federation (LWF), or
- a specialised ministry for humanitarian assistance, advocacy and/or development of a member church (if it is constituted as a separate legal entity), or
- an organisation affiliated with at least one member church of the WCC through governance; meaning as having one or more WCC member churches on their governance body; i.e. a person delegated by that member church as their representative and not an individual member of a church who is serving in a personal capacity, or
- International and national mission organisations belonging to a member church or churches of the WCC and/or LWF who are engaged in development, advocacy and/or humanitarian assistance and who do not use these programmes to further a particular religious or political partisan standpoint.
An exception may be made for:
- an organisation which was previously part of a member organisation but has become independent (such applications must come with the endorsement of the member organisation), or
- a church or an ecumenical organization that has had a long historical programmatic working relationship with the WCC and/or a regional ecumenical organisation, referring to the All Africa Conference of Churches, the Christian Conference of Asia, Consejo Latinoamericano de Iglesias (CLAI), the Conference of European Churches, the Conference of Caribbean Churches, the Middle East Council of Churches, the Pacific Conference of Churches,
- an ecumenical organisation from a country where there are no member churches of either the WCC or LWF.
- The primary mandate of church-related organisations must be to work in the area of humanitarian assistance, advocacy and/or development.
- The church or church-related organisation must have a commitment to high quality development, advocacy and/ or humanitarian assistance activities.
- The church or church-related organisation should be either a national, regional, international or global organisation
Current ACT Alliance voting members