Duty station: Bangkok, Thailand
Initial contract: One year
Position at (%): 100%
Languages required: English and Thai
Experience: At least three years in accounting and financial role
Application deadline: 12 June 2022
About ACT Alliance
ACT Alliance is the largest coalition of Protestant and Orthodox churches and church-related organisations engaged in humanitarian, development and advocacy work in the world, consisting of more than 137 members working together in over 120 countries to create positive and sustainable change in the lives of poor and marginalised people regardless of their religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation, race or nationality in keeping with the highest international codes and standards. For more details about the general work of ACT, please refer to http://www.act.acw/
ACT is looking for a Finance Officer Operations to join its Secretariat’s Operations Team. The Finance Officer Operations will report to the Finance Coordinator and be responsible for the accurate input of the Secretariat’s transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and disseminate invoices for membership fees & Income-based fees and voluntary contributions under the instructions of the Finance Coordinator. Input into the Finance System.
- Payments to suppliers Input all invoices/contractual obligations to pay into the Finance System, send for approval and pay on a regular basis invoices.
- Control collection and filing of all above invoices/contracts.
- Be the focal person for the Continia expense reporting system. Ensuring up to date, quality checking of supporting documents, sending for approval, posting and payment on a regular basis.
- Payments to Regional Offices and Regional Office Salaries
- Check the advances requested from the Regional offices & the actual expenditure covered by these advances.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator in the preparation and payment of the Regional office salaries.
Expense reporting system
- Responsible for this system (Continia), full understanding of how the system works and be able to solve and correct any issues and to provide input on improvements.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator on any Balance Sheet reconciliations as delegated.
General Audit (Secretariat) and Thai Foundation Audit
- With the rest of the audit team ensure all requests for the auditors are answered.
- Extract all banking documents from the bank account daily and include in the respective directories. Place the credit card statements for employees and FX forward contract documentation in their respective directories.
- Keep all accounting entries and work with the Finance Coordinator to ensure accurate reporting.
- Be an active member of the Finance team, be prepared to offer suggestions for improvement in the systems and controls.
Competences and behaviours
- Committed to the values of the ACT Alliance and takes pride in delivering on agreed priorities according to the highest standards individually and as part of a global team.
- Proactively finds innovative and creative solutions, is efficient and reliable, adapts to change and uncertainty, is decisive and acts with integrity.
- Builds effective internal and external relationships, involves others when solving problems and treats others with consideration and respect in an alliance where faith is a key ingredient of people’s lives.
- Passion for building and developing core skills for the role and contributes knowledge outside of immediate own role.
- Confidentiality and trust are an expected behaviours for this role.
- Internally: collaborate closely with all Secretariat staff and consultants, as relevant.
Externally: communicate with relevant ACT member organisations, external donors and service providers in relation to finance.
Skills and experiences
- Relevant degree in financial management, accounting or business administration or other relevant educational background combined with professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience related to finance and accounting.
- Experience in accounting and bookkeeping.
- Interest in working with humanitarian issues.
- Experience in a non-profit organisation desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and to deliver results with limited supervision.
- Ability to function under pressure and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organisational and computer skills (including excellent command of spread sheets and financial management software,) Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is an advantage.
- Self-motivated and with a positive attitude.
- Precise, curious, analytical and organised mindset.
- Pays attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high-quality work.
- Flexible, innovative and effective in working collaboratively as part of a multicultural team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Thai.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 June 2022 (24.00 CET). Please put “Finance Officer Operations-Bangkok” in the subject line and name your documents (attachments): “Firstname lastname CV” and “Firstname lastname Cover letter”. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
ACT adheres to the SCHR misconduct scheme https://www.schr.info/the-misconduct-disclosure-scheme. As such, ACT will contact the current and/or former employer of the preferred candidate as part of reference checking, asking them to fill in a Statement of Conduct. When applying for this position, please confirm in the body of the email that you give your consent to ACT asking your current/former employer for a Statement of Conduct should you be the preferred candidate and that you will provide the contact details of the relevant HR person/department that can provide such a statement.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.