Location: Home Based in the LAC region
Duration: Between 6 and 12 months
Start date: January 2023
Conditions: This internship is unsalaried. A stipend will be paid on a monthly basis.
Deadline for applications: 18 November 2022
Eligibility for the internship(s) is limited to persons who:
- Are resident from LAC
- Are studying at Bachelor or Master level and will incorporate the internship as part of their studies through a tripartite agreement between ACT, the University and the Intern.
- Have completed their academic studies (Bachelor or Master) relevant to the work of the ACT Alliance within the last year and are looking to acquire work experience.
About ACT Alliance
ACT Alliance is the world’s largest coalition of Protestant and Orthodox churches and church-related organisations engaged in humanitarian, development and advocacy work. It consists of 144 members working together in over 120 countries, with headquarters in 73 countries, whose aim is to create a positive and sustainable change in the lives of poor and marginalised people regardless of their religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation, race or nationality in keeping with the highest international codes and standards. 64% of our members are headquartered in the Global South, 30% in the Global North, and 6% are Global members. For more details about the general work of ACT, please refer to http://www.actalliance.org/.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will assist the ACT Alliance Regional Representative for Latin America and the Caribbean and team with its responsibilities relating to the coordination and strengthening of development programmes in the following areas: Gender Justice, Climate Justice, Migration and Peace and Security. Administrative tasks are also an important part of the intern’s duties.
Specifically, the intern will:
- Support the office in implementation of project activities (e.g., preparation of trainings, workshops or advocacy actions; drafting letters and other documents).
- Draft and share meeting minutes from meetings, concept notes and any other related documents.
- Assist in various administrative tasks as required by the Regional Representative.
- Assist ACT members and Regional Office staff in various research and fundraising tasks relating to Gender Justice, Climate Justice, Migration, Humanitarian and Peace and Security.
- Support the ACT Regional Office for the LAC region in communication with members and external partners.
- Support partnership and coordination management for the different country forums in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Increase understanding of Humanitarian and Development work in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of issues related to Gender Justice, Climate Justice, Migration, Peace and Security and other areas of humanitarian work, such as Coordination and Advocacy.
- Build and develop professional relationships with colleagues in Latin America and the Caribbean region.
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the work of Faith-Based Organizations in the region.
- Develop project management, communication, administration and organization skills.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent written and spoken Spanish and English mandatory. Portuguese and creole or French are desirable but not compulsory.
- The internship is open only to students who are enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s program or who are recent graduates (up to a year) in Development Studies, Public Policy, Law, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, or related field.
- Good understanding of or interest in the humanitarian and development landscape in LAC region.
- A strong desire to learn about humanitarian and development efforts in LAC while making a worthwhile contribution of time and effort to ACT Alliance.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to think creatively and proactively solve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
- Respect for diversity;
- Awareness and sensitivity regarding social justice issues;
- Time management;
- Creative problem solving;
- Effective communication;
- Inclusive collaboration;
- Stakeholder engagement;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a letter of motivation letter with specific information about their current study programme or recent studies in English and by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 November 2022. Please put “ACT LAC Internship” in the subject line and name your documents: “Firstname lastname CV” and “Firstname lastname Cover letter”. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.