Duty station: Bangkok, Thailand
Initial contract: 1 year, renewable based on performance
Position at (%): 100%
Languages required: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in Thai and English
Experience: 2-3 years relevant work experience
Application deadline: Friday, 22 April
About ACT Alliance
ACT Alliance is the largest coalition of Protestant and Orthodox churches and church-related organisations engaged in humanitarian, development and advocacy work in the world, consisting of more than 135 members working together in over 120 countries to create positive and sustainable change in the lives of poor and marginalised people regardless of their religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation, race or nationality in keeping with the highest international codes and standards. For more details about the general work of ACT, please refer to http://www.act.acw/
Major functions summary
The Office Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the ACT Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, through the ACT Foundation in Bangkok, is supported in key areas of office operations, particularly the administrative requirements of the organisation to support its work in Thailand and in the region.
1. Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Coordinate with relevant Thai authorities and institutions on ACT operations
b. Serve as legal liaison for ACT; coordinate legal support as needed
c. Support onboarding and departure of local and international staff
d. Support the processing of staff contracts, visas and work permits
e. Serve as local focal point in Thailand for staff security concerns
f. Help organize meetings hosted by the ACT Regional Office
g. Serve as ACT liaison with CCT building management
h. Coordinate with ACT Foundation Board on relevant office and administrative concerns
i. Manage office correspondence (ACT email, letters, phone calls) and official documents
j. Manage office maintenance and periodic inventory of office equipment and supplies
2. Competencies and behaviours:
• Committed to the values of the ACT Alliance and takes pride in delivering on agreed priorities according to the highest standards individually and as part of a global team
• Proactively finds innovative and creative solutions, is efficient and reliable, adapts to change and uncertainty, is decisive and acts with integrity
• Builds effective internal and external relationships, involves others when solving problems and treats others with consideration and respect in an alliance where faith is a key ingredient of people’s lives
• Passion for building and developing core skills for the role and contributes knowledge outside of immediate own role
• Effectively motivates, influences and develops others, drives high performance, inspires people to follow them and acts as a role model
3. Working relationships
The Office Administrator will be required to build working relationships with ACT secretariat staff in all of its offices, as well as members and external partners
• The Office Administrator will report to the ACT Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific and collaborate closely with other Bangkok-based staff and relevant counterparts in other ACT offices.
• The Office Administrator will supervise the office utility staff and other office maintenance support.
• Externally, they will liaise with relevant Thai authorities and institutions, legal liaisons, ACT members, national forums, donors and external partners.
4. Technical skills and experience
• University degree or equivalent in suitable field required.
• 2-3 years relevant work experience in the development or humanitarian sector.
• Knowledge and experience of NGO operations or office administration required; familiarity with Thai government regulations an advantage.
• Experience in an international or multi-cultural environment an asset.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in Thai and English. Good knowledge of other languages an asset.
• Highly organised, with strong office management and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage one’s own work and time within the context of multiple responsibilities. and projects, and a demonstrated capacity to work under pressure to deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 22 April 2022 at 17:00 Bangkok time. Please put “Office Admin BKK” in the subject line and name your documents (attachments): “Firstname lastname CV” and “Firstname lastname Cover letter”. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
ACT adheres to the SCHR misconduct scheme https://www.schr.info/the-misconduct-disclosure-scheme. As such, ACT will contact the current and/or former employer of the preferred candidate as part of reference checking, asking them to fill in a Statement of Conduct. When applying for this position, please confirm in the body of the email that you give your consent to ACT asking your current/former employer for a Statement of Conduct should you be the preferred candidate and that you will provide the contact details of the relevant HR person/department that can provide such a statement.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.